Author Topic: [Release] CyanogenMod 7.1 "u8160" Port  (Read 22116 times)

Offline psyke83

• Administrator
    • View Profile
[Release] CyanogenMod 7.1 "u8160" Port
« on: September 12, 2011, 04:54:40 PM »
CyanogenMod 7.1 (RC1) "u8160" Port
Latest release: v0.2 [3 October 2011]
Latest hotfix: none
Latest Google Apps package: official: minimal (20110613)
| unofficial: minimal / full (20110815)

Please note: This port may work on other Huawei phones, but only the U8160 and U8180 are confirmed to be 100% compatible so far.

Hey folks,

This is a port of Cyanogen 7.1RC1 (based on Android Gingerbread 2.3.7) for the Vodafone Smart VF858 (Huawei U8160) and Huawei X1 (U8180). The current port status is stable - all hardware is working correctly.

Important: You need to have ClockworkMod Recovery in order to install this ROM - see my signature for the link and full install instructions.

Installation:
  • Reboot into ClockworkMod (see the dedicated topic).
  • Choose the option install update from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard.
  • Install the following packages:
    • The base package, named update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-u8160-vX.Y-signed.zip
    • [Optional] The latest hotfix package for the same base package version, named u8160-vX.Y-hotfixZ.zip
    • The latest Google Apps package, named gapps-gb-DATE-signed.zip
  • Once all packages are installed, you can now reboot.
Installation (Hotfix Updates Only):
Hotfix packages are cumulative. This means that you only need to install the latest hotfix, as it contains all the updates from previous versions included.
  • Download the latest hotfix package and transfer to the SD card.
  • Reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
  • Choose install update from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard, select the hotfix and confirm installation.
  • Reboot. Hotfixes do not require a data-wipe unless specifically requested.

Releases / Changelog:
  • v0.2 - 3 October 2011:
    • Data wipe?: Not needed unless you have problems.
    • Updated CyanogenMod source: now based on Gingerbread version 2.3.7.
    • Kernel now supports under/overclock from 30Mhz - 710Mhz (min/max frequency is set to 30Mhz - 600Mhz by default, so you must manually activate the higher frequencies via Settings -> CyanogenMod Settings -> Performance -> CPU settings). Thanks to estebanSannin. [COLOR="Red"]NOTE:[/COLOR] My phone is very unstable at 691Mhz, and freezes immediately at 710Mhz. I am providing these higher frequencies just in case your phone has better tolerance for overclocking. I accept no responsibility for any damage caused as a result of overclocking.
    • FM Radio app: fixed seeking (left/right arrows).
    • Disabled automatic brightness (it potentially avoids battery drain, and never worked anyway). Thanks to tas0s for the tip.
    • Enable workaround to prevent corruption issues if you use the Simple2EXT app2sd app.
    • Reverted Gallery app to 2D version, due to lack of hardware 3D acceleration on our phone.
    • Added compatibility with sebastian404's ClockworkMod port. You can now install this ROM using his CWM recovery (as well as my own).
    • Improved FM volume calculation, reduced overall volume & small fixes to audio code.
    • Various small bugfixes.
  • v0.1 - 12 September 2011:
    • Hotfix 1 [18 September 2011]: Boot: removed custom lowmemorykiller tweaks; kernel: various updates (smartassV2, TinyRCU, Simple and V(R) IO schedulers), bugfixes and optimizations, changed default scheduler to Simple IO; libaudio: code cleanup; Framework: enabled hardware-accelerated 2D rendering.
    • Data wipe?: You must always data-wipe when upgrading from Froyo -> Gingerbread.
    • First release. All hardware appears to be working correctly.
Source Code:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:42:21 PM by psyke83 »
Please do not send me PMs for support issues. Use the public support threads for support, and send me PMs only for messages that are private. Thank you.

Check out waduthink.com

Offline psyke83

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] CyanogenMod 7.1 "u8160" Port
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 05:13:27 PM »
Further Information

Not working / TODO:
  • Official support for ROM Manager.
Not working / WONTFIX:
  • Nothing yet.
Technical details:
  • Kernel: based on Huawei U8160 2.6.32 source with multitouch enabled, BFQv1 IO scheduler, upgraded CPU schedulers (including smartass/interactive), and some patches to improve CyanogenMod compatibility.
Before you ask...
I have no interest or intention to further "mod" the ROM with any kind of hacks or customizations (like custom apps, themes, Swype, etc.). My only aim is to have a 100% stable port of Cyanogen code. Any such requests will be ignored.

Reporting bugs
You must follow these instructions exactly, or I will ignore your requests. Provide the following information:
  • The version of the ROM you are using (to confirm that you have the latest release)
  • Report any customizations you have made to the ROM (themes, system apps, etc.)
  • Describe the problem clearly, including steps on how I can reproduce the issue.
  • Provide a logcat from your system taken just after the issue has occurred. To take a logcat, you enter this command from your PC: adb shell logcat -d >c:\logcat.txt. Copy and paste this log to pastebin.com, and provide the link.
  • If I ask you to re-test the issue after a data-wipe, do the following: reboot into ClockworkMod, perform a full backup, then data-wipe, reboot and retest the issue, giving a new log if necessary. You can then reboot into ClockworkMod and restore your data backup.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:45:18 PM by psyke83 »
Please do not send me PMs for support issues. Use the public support threads for support, and send me PMs only for messages that are private. Thank you.

Check out waduthink.com

Offline psyke83

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 05:29:26 PM »
Reserved for future use.

Check out waduthink.com

Offline WHITE-CZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 08:13:57 AM »
Wifi Not Working :-( (install on wipe metod)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:43:31 AM by WHITE-CZ »
Device: VF 845/U8200
Rom: CyanogenMod 7.1 (RC1) "u8160" Port

Offline alexzz25

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 02:17:05 PM »
Hy,
i just update my phone to this version and i have a problem , this is the way i made't :
i make this update with clockworkmod 4.0.1.5
1. i make the backup
2. wipe cache partition
3.wipe data/factory reset
4.wipe Dalvik Cache from advanced
5.install zip from sdcard : a) update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-u8160-v0.2-signed
                                         b) u8160-v0.6-hotfix2
                                         c) gapps-gb-20110828-signed
(before I have installed SmartLucky2.5_Color but i din't liked)
the update install but don't work properly ,first don't put nothing on sdcard all install is on memory card i think (at memory phone from 178 MB just 76 free) and at storage at SDcard where showed write how much is free and all memory it's write "PO" and at phone memory the same (PO) where i did wrong??
the phone is working but with big misses (i can enter clockwork mode but my bigest mistake was wiping all data from Sdcard)
Can you tell me where I did wrong and how can i repair this(if it can's)
and another question WIFI is not working on this update? :(

Thanks... 

Offline haydster7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 07:42:59 AM »
ROM version: cm-7-20120729-MADTEAM-u8160

Customizations to the ROM: No changes

Problem: After installing the ROM the vertical touch is inverted. So when I'm in portrait mode to open the notification menu I swipe my finger from the bottom of the screen to the top. To select menu items at the bottom of the screen and touch the soft keys I touch the very top of the screen. Horizontal touch is still correct so that if I turn the phone sideways I can select menu items that cover the entire screen but if an item is on the left (normally bottom in portrait) I have to click on the right hand side (normally top in portrait). Also the hard home button acts as a volume up/down button and toggles up and down repeatedly, whilst the volume up acts as a call button and the volume down acts as a lock button.

Here is my logcat link: http://pastebin.com/gLa3SGnA

Note: I have already tried a full wipe and re-install and have tried the update-cm-7.1.0-u8160-v0.3-signed that I downloaded from somewhere 2 months ago (i forget where) and the same problem does not occur.

Thank you.

Since I originally posted I have tested the following ROMS and they are 100% working:
update-cm-7-20120427-MADTEAM-u8160-signed
cm-7-20120625-MADTEAM-u8160
but cm-7-20120729-MADTEAM-u8160 is still having the touch issues

Thanks again
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:35:40 PM by haydster7 »

Offline badwolph

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 06:17:40 AM »
Hmm, so this download is a fake scam then, wants to install zoom downloader and a shitload of crap toolbar crap.

and from what i read here it doesnt even work.

and the arrogant author says he's not interested in anything else to do with it.

yeah, not likely.. haha. what a scam.. loser.