ClockworkMod Recovery for Vodafone Smart (Huawei U8160)
Current release - v0.1 - 12 September 2011 [CWM Ver. 22.214.171.124]What is ClockworkMod Recovery? From AddictiveTips:
ClockworkMod â€“ also known as Clockwork and CWM â€“ is a custom recovery for Android phones and tablets that allows you to perform several advanced recovery, restoration, installation and maintenance operations on your Android device that arenâ€™t possible with the stock recovery.Installation - Fastboot Method
:Use this method if you have never installed a build of ClockworkMod before.
Note: these are example instructions for a Windows user who has extracted the fastboot.exe and recovery.img to C:\VodafoneSmart. Adjust the folder path to wherever you extracted these files.
- Download the Android SDK for your operating system [Windows users are recommended to download the .zip version].
- Extract the fastboot / fastboot.exe file from the tools folder of the Android SDK zip file to a folder on your computer.
- Download the latest zip release of ClockworkMod using the link(s) below.
- Open the ClockworkMod .zip file and extract the recovery.img file to the same folder as the fastboot / fastboot.exe binary.
- Reboot (or turn on your phone) whilst holding the power and volume down keys. Your phone will now be in "fastboot" mode.
- Open a terminal or command prompt, and run the following commands:
cd C:\VodafoneSmartInstallation - ClockworkMod Method (zip)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
:Use this method if you already have ClockworkMod installed, and you wish to update the version that already exists on your phone.
- Download the latest zip release using the link(s) below.
- Transfer the .zip file to your SD card. Do not extract the .zip file - only copy it.
- Reboot into ClockworkMod, choose the option Install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard. Select the current release, and confirm the update by selecting Yes. Reboot and enjoy!
To access ClockworkMod recovery, any one of the follow methods will work:
- If you are running a build of CyanogenMod, choose the Recovery option from the reboot menu;
- Run "adb shell reboot recovery" on any rooted ROM;
- Reboot your device whilst holding the power and volume up keys.
Once you've entered ClockworkMod Recovery, you will be presented with several options (some familiar, some not). I won't try to explain all of the options, as there are better guides on the internet (example: the AddictiveTips site above). However, these are the ones you should really know about:
- Wipe data/factory reset - same as before
- Wipe cache partition - same as before
- Install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard - this is the new method you will be using to flash ROMs and update packages
- Backup & restore - this menu lets you perform a full backup or restore of your boot, /cache, /data/ & app2sd partition (which is compatible with mad2sd)
- Mounts & storage -> mount USB storage - this lets you enable UMS mode to copy update packages (if you forgot to transfer before rebooting into recovery)
- Advanced -> partition SD card - this lets you easily partition your SD card for use with mad2sd or any third-party app2sd solutions. It lets you select the size for the EXT4 partition as well as swap. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA ON YOUR CARD BEFORE USING THIS OPTION.
- [CWM Ver. 126.96.36.199] v0.1 zip - 12 September 2011