Author Topic: [UPDATED] [Development] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 for Samsung Dart (SGH-T499)  (Read 46619 times)

Offline DashBlacK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MadTeam
CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Samsung Dart (SGH-T499) Port
Latest release: 20121030
Latest Google Apps package: 20110828

Update: DashBlacK is no longer maintaining this project since he does not have this device anymore. The device sources have been released and anyone else is more than welcome to continue this project.

Hey lads,

This is a port of CyanogenMod 7.2.0, a community-developed Android ROM based on Gingerbread 2.3.7, for the Samsung Dart (SGH-T499) phone. The current port status is stable - most hardware is working correctly, but see post #2 for known issues.

Special thanks to psyke83, Motafoca, [Saint], DSM, and of course, thanks to all of you for testing!

Pre-requisites:
  • Visit the ClockworkMod thread and install the latest ClockworkMod build via Odin.
Installation:
  • Download the latest update.zip release and place it on your SD card.
  • Download the latest Google Apps package from the link indicated above and place it on your SD card.
  • Reboot into ClockworkMod recovery.
  • Using the volume keys to navigate and home button as the selection button, navigate to install zip from sdcard.
  • Then select choose zip from sdcard.
  • Navigate to the CyanogenMod update.zip named as cm-7.2.0-XXXXXXXX-MadTeam-dart.zip and select it. It will now install the ROM.
  • Repeat the same procedure to install the Google Apps package but this time by selecting the gapps update.zip.
  • Now wipe data/factory reset and press yes to confirm.
  • Reboot and enjoy!

Latest Changelog:
    • Initial Release.
    • CyanogenMod 7.2.0
    • Kernel: Overclockable upto 806 MHz.
    • Support for Compcache through ramzswap.
    • Using awext v5.
    • 14 available CPU governers to choose from.
    • Using Simple I/O as the default I/O scheduler.
Source Code:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:23:09 PM by DashBlacK »

Offline DashBlacK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MadTeam
[Development] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 for Samsung Dart (SGH-T499)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 09:46:16 PM »
Technical details:
    Kernel 2.6.32:
    • CPU & AHB overclock supported up to 806Mhz, but a safe frequency range (245-604Mhz) is used by default for safety/stability reasons.
    • Built-in support for CIFS, TUN, compcache (ramzswap).
    • Added extra CPU schedulers: interactiveX, smartass, smartassV2, Scary, SavagedZen, minmax, lulzactive, lagfree
    • Added extra IO schedulers: BFQ, VIO, SIO (default)
    • Patches to improve CyanogenMod compatibility (e.g. USB tethering)
    • Various other stability & performance patches.

Before you ask...
I have no interest or intention to further "mod" the ROM with any kind of hacks or customizations (like custom apps, themes, Swype, etc.). My only aim is to have a 100% stable port of CyanogenMod. Any such requests will be ignored.

Known issues (any assistance on the following items is welcome)
  • The Camera - no preview, camera quality is really bad. The colours seem dead. This may be mainly due to non-functioning exposure, sharpness, contrast, etc. None of the effects work.
  • Kies will not work properly on CyanogenMod. This is not a bug - it's a feature ;)

Reporting bugs:
To report issues, you must generate a bug report. Open Settings -> Device settings, and select Generate bug report. The bug report file will be saved to your /sdcard, which you can upload to the forum or to a file-sharing site.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:40:03 PM by DashBlacK »

Offline DashBlacK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MadTeam
[Development] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 for Samsung Dart (SGH-T499)
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 09:46:42 PM »
CyanogenMod 7 ROM Port Status - updated 30/10/2012

Working:
  • 2D & 3D acceleration.
  • Audio (attenuation & extamp support implemented)
  • Bluetooth
  • DartParts (Settings -> Device -> Advanced)
  • GPS
  • Headset
  • LCD Backlight
  • Sensors
  • Telephony (calling, mobiledata & messaging)
  • Touchscreen
  • USB Mass Storage
  • Wifi

Partially working:
  • Camera (no preview but can take pictures, unable to adjust effects, brightness, sharpness, contrast and exposure)

Not working:
  • Video Camera (depends on the camera preview to work)
  • Touchkey Backlight - Nothing wrong with it. Just have to finish adding support for it in the liblights daemon which I am almost done. But is a bit buggy.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:40:20 PM by DashBlacK »

Offline DashBlacK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MadTeam
[Development] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 for Samsung Galaxy Mini/Dart (SGH-T499)
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 09:47:01 PM »
Reserved.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:40:50 PM by DashBlacK »

Offline JCreazy

• View Profile
Re: [Development] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 "Dart(SGH-T499)" Port
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 02:18:52 AM »
Thanks, I can't wait until I get my dart.

Offline Usraek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 03:33:45 AM »
Thanks, I can't wait until I get my dart.

Ahh, neat little trinket, for sure. Improved (and only usable really) with Cyanogenmod by 1000 fold!

Offline sharkbait88

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 07:04:12 PM »
just flashed this rom from the stock mobilicity rom and experiencing:
freezing
sudden reboots
when waking up device by pressing power button from sleep, screen remains black and i have to hold power button to restart
wifi detects and attempts to connect to network, but always drops off at "obtaining ip address"
when trying to connect to network provider, getting "error searching for network", or a continuous "searching" loop
excessive battery drain, would only last for 7 hours maximum with little activity, but several fc's and reboots due to previously stated issues

should i try to reflash the rom? would i need to wipe data before i do that or can i just wipe cache and dalvik?
really would love to get this to work on my phone, it definitely was kicking the stock roms butt when working properly!

Offline ahgpeuka

• View Profile
Re: Re: [Development] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 "Dart(SGH-T499)" Port
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 09:26:25 AM »
freezing
sudden reboots
when waking up device by pressing power button from sleep, screen remains black and i have to hold power button to restart
wifi detects and attempts to connect to network, but always drops off at "obtaining ip address"
when trying to connect to network provider, getting "error searching for network", or a continuous "searching" loop
excessive battery drain, would only last for 7 hours maximum with little activity, but several fc's and reboots due to previously stated issues

should i try to reflash the rom? would i need to wipe data before i do that or can i just wipe cache and dalvik?
really would love to get this to work on my phone, it definitely was kicking the stock roms butt when working properly!
If You have a problems with rom,try make all wipe and reinstall an rom :-)

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk

Offline DashBlacK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MadTeam
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 01:43:33 PM »
freezing
sudden reboots

Well, if you read the instructions, no shit, you HAVE to data wipe.

Offline johndp1979

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 07:05:57 PM »
So is their a known date when this rom will be made available?  I am running my Dart still on stock rom but I would really love to get cynogen mod on there! 

Offline DashBlacK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MadTeam
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 11:30:50 PM »
So is their a known date when this rom will be made available?  I am running my Dart still on stock rom but I would really love to get cynogen mod on there! 

#1 rule on CyanogenMod, "The only rule of CyanogenMod: You dont ask for ETAs."

Offline JCreazy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 03:35:37 AM »

Why aren't you running CM7?

Offline johndp1979

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 04:27:23 AM »
Well sorry about asking for an ETA I did not know not to ask for one.  Also the reason I am not running CM7 is because without OC the phone kept locking up or it would do random restarts....it just was not stable enough to run in my opinion (as I said in my opinion) yes it seems everyone has different outcomes with Roms I know I have been putting custom roms on phones for a long time now.  If I am not satisfied with the rom I will go back to stock until there is an update.  But I found out my friend is working on a new rom for this phone so I will try his out.  I have used his in the past and ran one phone on that rom until I got rid of it.  When this one actually comes out whenever that is I will try this one and test it out. 

Offline sharkbait88

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 11:24:27 AM »
Well, if you read the instructions, no ****, you HAVE to data wipe.

sorry for lack of info, but i followed the instructions to the tee (clearing cache and data wipe) for the first time i flashed the rom. my question was for when i reflashed the rom in order to fix the instabillity problems of the first flash.

did another complete wipe, still unstable, but better. hopefully it doesnt go downhill from here, which is what happened the first time i flashed, basically stability got worse and worse over 2 days, to the point where the phone was literally unusable, and barely managed to save it from getting bricked by flashing stock

But I found out my friend is working on a new rom for this phone so I will try his out.  I have used his in the past and ran one phone on that rom until I got rid of it.  When this one actually comes out whenever that is I will try this one and test it out.

would your friend be releasing the rom to the public anytime soon? if its as stable as it sounds like his previous rom was, i'd love to try it out!

Offline johndp1979

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 07:22:46 AM »
Well he has never released his ROMS to the public he does it for his own fun pretty much.  But when I get the ROM I can share it he does not have a problem with that.  He has been making ROMS for years now and he makes pretty good ones I have ran his ROMS on most my android phones.  His turn out to be the most stable ones I have ever used.  I still have one of his ROMS for an old MOtorola Cliq XT phone running 2.3.7 and the phone came with like android 1.6 on it.  But as soon as he is done with it yeah I will share it after I run it for a few days first to make sure everything is working good on it first.  Also he does Hybrid OS for blackberry!